cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Number Porting

Go to solution

I have two telephone lines into my home.

One has now been moved to Digital Voice.

The other which has been my recognised home phone number and is known to friends, family etc does not have broadband and hence not move to DV.

I want to now stop one of the lines and have my home phone number ported over to the DV line leaving me with just one telephone line.

I am told I will be without my home number as it takes 14 days to port over the number.

Can any one tell me why this is and will it take that long?

Many Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Number Porting

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

@West 

Your existing number should continue to work on the copper connection until its ported over, if that is actually possible, so you should not lose any calls, it just means that you need to have a phone plugged into the socket.

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you good news 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
You safest bet would be to order broadband for the phone number you want to keep , when that order is completed , which may well including moving the number to DV, simply cease the other line and it’s associated broadband service.
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Worth saying this does not work if your previous number was a business number.  I've now been without a phone service since 24th January because the business number could not be ported (I was not told this at the time) and allefforts to give me a new, working number have failed.

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks but that would not help my situation.

I have broadband on my other line all wired in the way I wish.

To move the broadband to my home number would be nightmare.

0 Ratings