cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Old Bakerlite Pulse Dial done on Digital Line

@licquorice I would be really fascinated to know how converting a BT plug to an RJ11 plug and back again would change a pulse dial into a tone dial? As far as I am aware, that would just swap the wires round, then back again.

an answer further down the page for a pulse to tone converter seems more likely to do the job.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

If you had actually read the thread, the adapter was just to allow the pulse to tone converter to be used as it didn't have the appropriate plug. It wasn't intended to provide the conversion from pulse to tone.

Message 13 of 15

Apologies. I wouldn’t worry except now my attention to what I have read is in question. 🙂 The reply immediately before the adapter response was:

“Whilst I can plug the phone into the router and do get a dial tone, it does not support pulse dial, only tone dial so will not dial out.  Is there a  pulse to tone dial converter that I can use that has a BT jack - ones I find online have the RJ45 or RG11 connectors and my Bakerlite is a BT Jack? “

I read this, and perhaps wrongly, that the question was in the context of: does a converter exist that has a BT Jack.

Hence my confusion with the response.

I will accept however that the question could also be read, and may have been intended to have been read in the context of: I know there are converters, but is there one specifically with a BT Jack.

With the second I concede a straight plug converter would be a good suggestion, but as I read as the first, that the OP was looking for a converter, then that would be my mistake 🙂

Message 14 of 15

I can not believe that this is being debated but I'll add my tuppence worth.

The whole sentence should be read " Is there a  pulse to tone dial converter that I can use that has a BT jack - ones I find online have the RJ45 or RG11 connectors and my Bakerlite is a BT Jack? “ and the answer given was that "You just need one of these" along with a picture of a BT431 to RJ11 adapter.

This would indicate to me and apparently the other people that replied to the post that the BT431 to RJ11 adapter was needed to allow the  pulse to tone dial converter to be connected to the phone socket and not that it was a pulse to tone converter.

By virtue of the fact you are taking umbrage at what was posted you must also have been aware that the BT431 to RJ11 adapter was not a pulse tone convertor so goodness knows what are you trying to achieve.

Message 15 of 15

Well I do apologise, but post 7 appeared to be confused too:

I'm not sure how one would connect an old pulse dial GPO phone and BT hub via the adaptors pictured in messages 2 and 3”

As I said, it was just how I read it, which I believe my last reply was actually fair and well reasoned, acknowledging that although I read it one way, it could be read the other.

So really, it would be a question of: why did you feel the need to reply to a balanced and conceded reply which acknowledged the error made in the reading itself? Not sure what you are looking to achieve there but, there you go 😄

0 Ratings