cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

On it's way

Go to solution

My free advanced digital phone is on it's way so once it arrives and connected things might start to look up, but what a pity my existing phones decided not to work once my copper land line was disconnected and I had to get a new one.

Not at all technically minded but whatever I tried the phone had no dial tone when plugged into that gadget on the wall.

Now 'one phone down' so once the new single one is up and running fingers crossed I'll order (and will have to pay for) a new answerphone to pair up with it.  

Are they any good?  

Only one way to find out. 🙂

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: On it's way

Go to solution
Hello, NB.

Voicemail Essential if free and is pre-enabled for Digital Voice customers. The service can be accessed from any Digital Voice handset by pressing the cassette button and following the voice menu instructions.

No need to buy a new answerphone.

RIC9380
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

You don't plug the phone into 'the gadget on the wall' (ONT), you plug it into the home hub.

Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

If you mean my existing phone licquorice then don't see how as the plug on the phone does not fit the sockets on either the hub or the (blinking) Modem? gadget on the wall.

No worries anyways with that free phone now on its way 😎

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks RIC9380, never new that.
Cheers.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

@NanaBanana wrote:

If you mean my existing phone licquorice then don't see how as the plug on the phone does not fit the sockets on either the hub or the (blinking) Modem? gadget on the wall.

No worries anyways with that free phone now on its way 😎

if you existing home phone connected to the openreach phone socket then the same cable should connect to the phone socket on the back of the SH2 - you may need to peel off the sticker for digital voice to connect

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
Just a thought...
If that is the case (as I'm sure it is) then why do they sell matching answerphones?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
No problem. I knew it was there as I've got it but the only link I could find was for the old analogue VM service which was a charged for service. I've had the Digital Voice since early 2019 and really like it!
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
OK thanks, never know that but as said, other free phone on the way along with the question of why then are BT giving them away free if existing phones work the way you say it does.
Sorry to sound confused. 🙂
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
The BT DV phones are designed to work with the HH2 so BT offer an advanced handset for free so that you can use all the new facilities that come free with DV. You'd have to pay for additional handsets that are compatible with the others if you want more around your home. I still have Gigaset DECT system in place which can take and make calls over BT DV but can't, for example, transfer calls from a Gigaset handset to a BT DV handset.
0 Ratings