cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

'Openreach' Engineer walked out after unable to reconnect one of the phone ports

Hi,

Just had an unprofessional experience with an 'OR' engineer who had come in to look at why we we have had an increase in drop outs recently. He took a look and said it was related to the amount of extensions, which we said had been cut down after the fun and games of last year (My previous thread is here & with the help a lot of Neil, a great mod here, we actually got some resolution: https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/BB-drop-outs-for-past-2months-noise-on-line/m-p/20571...)

The engineer said you should only have one line and said to get rid of the other. My dad said we needed the one downstairs which he had already disconnected. The engineer then looked at the port in the wall and started complaining about how he has no idea what they have done, as in the previous engineers. He spent 15mins or so trying to fix it, but couldn't so he just walked off the job. So we have a line that works upstairs but he has broken the one we want downstairs.  My dad is the account holder and trying to contact BT due too the unprofessional engineer and also we need the line downstairs to be working, not upstairs. We could not get through on the phone so are trying via the live chat on the site but the person we are discussing the issue with does not understand what we are saying at all. 

This situation is very frustrating and all caused by this engineer and we have been left to try and fix the issue that he has caused.

Please help, thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: 'Openreach' Engineer walked out after unable to reconnect one of the phone ports

Hey, @zoni23 welcome back to the community. That's unbelievable and totally unacceptable, I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch and one of the moderators will be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil 

Message 3 of 6

Re: 'Openreach' Engineer walked out after unable to reconnect one of the phone ports

Thanks @NeilO ,

I have sent a pm with my information and description of the situation.

Charlotte

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi. Suggest you contact openreach as this is  BT Retail /Consumer forum. Try their website here. https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/when-to-get-in-touch-with-openreach/complaints-policy

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi, 

I just wanted to provide to the mods and @NeilO 

My dad spent a lengthy time in the live chat with someone who did not understand the problem and couldn't provide us with an engineer visit promptly. He insisted we had an engineer due today but that was the engineer who caused the issue as he came nearly 2 hours earlier than our slot.  The live chat person wasn't at all helpful and actually closed the chat without resolution. My dad then received an email later saying that we was receiving a engineers visit on Wednesday 31st and then received a text stating there would be a visit Thursday(today). Later that afternoon my dad contacted BT complaints and spoke to a lovely lady in Newcastle who was really helpful. My dad explained what had happened and she looked into the system and said the engineer who caused the issue had failed to report any issues with the visit. She also looked into the email and text my dad received regarding the new appointments and found nothing in the system. 

Later in the evening my dad received at the exact same time, an automated phone call and a text from BT saying there would be an engineer visit between 1-6pm Wednesday and the other stating someone was coming Thursday morning.  So confused as heck, we waited until yesterday afternoon and an actual Openreach engineer turned up. An actual one and not one of the Qube(not sure how it's spelt) guys and it happened to be one of the guys who visited last year. Super helpful and knowledgeable man. We explained everything and he got to work fixing the previous engineers work and then took a look at the internet issue. The difference between the engineers was night and day. He could not find an issue with the BB and couldn't do too much digging as my dad was in a work meeting, but provided me a line of contact with him if we have extreme amount of drops again. 

I later checked the track your fault on my dads account and it still had it noted that an engineer was supposed to come Thursday aka today, so I cancelled it. So out of all the frustration the phone problem is fixed and the engineer yesterday who sorted it was brilliant. Just wish we had it for the first visit and not had to deal with the unprofessional behaviour of the first guy. I know a mod hasn't had a chance to look into this yet so I just wanted to update as I know you guys are busy. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Was the First Engineer who the complaint was about actually a Qube Engineer?

If so then that’s nothing to do with Openreach, they’re not one of their Contractors and wouldn’t have organised for one to visit.

Qube are employed directly by BT to do Internal Home Checks.

They are completely useless but Openreach Engineers don’t tend to mind them because their incompetence generates revenue for Openreach when they have to go out and fix their mess.

0 Ratings