cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Ordered 900MB without landline, can I keep current landline with my previous ISP

Go to solution

Ok I spoke with a nice young irishman who spoke to the installation team and they said it would not be a problem.  They will run the fiber side by side with the copper and its actually quite common so they won't be taking over my phone.  He did say that if I do eventually move my phone to BT that it will be a VoIP service that BT offer directly over the fiber but for now my phone will remain on copper with SKY and it won't be effected.  All that will be swapped will be the internet connection at this time.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Re: Ordered 900MB without landline, can I keep current landline with my previous ISP

Go to solution

you do realise that the BT fibre broadband package includes line rental and 'without landline' just means you cannot make or receive calls on your fibre connection.  effectively you will be paying line rental twice - BT and SKY

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

Well once the order is complete, I can always order phone fron BT and switch.  I just have important calls in the next couple of weeks I cannot afford to miss so if I have to pay double line rental for a month its not an issue

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

@imjolly: There's no landline with FTTP. It does not use one.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

@StormbrAINwrote:

Well once the order is complete, I can always order phone fron BT and switch.  I just have important calls in the next couple of weeks I cannot afford to miss so if I have to pay double line rental for a month its not an issue

You can always add a voice/phone service later, you won't be able to switch/transfer your current number with Sky though, see Broadband only deals 

Yes, you can. If you are outside your 14-day cooling off period, you will need to choose a new package and start a new contract with us. However, you won’t be able to get your old phone number back. We’ll give you a new one instead.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

@RobbieBaronwrote:

@imjolly: There's no landline with FTTP. It does not use one.

There is still a 'line' which has a rental charge, it's not a copper line but the price with calls is the same as without, meaning the OP is paying twice when the number could be with BT and therefore saving paying Sky for the line.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

That won't be an issue once I've had those calls so im fine with a new number 😄

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

@RobbieBaron 

There is a landline with FTTP but it uses the fibre connection to provide digital voice giving VOIP using SH2 as dect base station

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings