cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Phone Lines

Go to solution

I just saw a post by @Jane2018 about her business lines.

I never even thought.

My home has been passed over to digital voice, but my small business hasn't. We pay for 3 phone lines (3 master sockets, one BTLJU4, and 1 NTE5, all of which have the beautiful piper logo, but anyway) and have done since 2001. 

Line 1: 028 90** **72 (main line with internet)

Line 2: the same number as line 1 (will only ring if line 1 is busy)

Line 3: (028 90** **10) (Fax line)

Jane brought up some very valid points in her message, and if you have seen my post before, you will know that I also don't like digital voice. But unfortunately, we have to put up with it.

Will my set-up remain the same, just on digital voice, when it's switched over? My business hasn't even received a letter about it, maybe why it slipped my mind?

Many Thanks

Regards
Ryan

If this reply was helpful, please leave a like, or if I answered your question, please click 'mark as answer. Many thanks
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Phone Lines

Go to solution

I was intrigued to see a reference that said DV allows two calls at the same time - I'm not sure if that covers the 2nd line for calls when the first is in use.

Does anyone use fax? Perhaps Japan and China?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

@rsmyth492 

As this is the BT Residential Customer Forum, you would need to ask your question on the BT Business forum.

https://business.forums.bt.com/

I was not aware that  @Jane2018 was a BT Business customer. If that was the case, then the question should have been asked on the BT Business forum.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

@gspearson 

you’d be suprised the amount of businesses that still use fax. I know that I send and receive fax quite a lot. 

many thanks 

Regards
Ryan

If this reply was helpful, please leave a like, or if I answered your question, please click 'mark as answer. Many thanks
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

@rsmyth492 as you say, I am surprised.  The last major user in Britain was the NHS and it had to be and was forced to stop.  I'm old enough to remember wet fax paper.  These days even email is old-fashioned.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

@gspearson 

yes, in my business we just use normal paper. But about 20 years ago we had yellow paper for fax. White paper for letters and pink paper for email. 

😂

Regards
Ryan

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

I used to complete finance returns to HM Treasury - same form on different colours of paper: green, buff and pink.  As I'm colour blind this was very tricky so I persuaded HMT to print the name of the colour on each form. Then they realised that this would be good as they could photocopy onto white paper.

Hardly anyone uses paper records now.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

I am not a business customer. I just have a landline. I am a one person business I suppose.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

@Jane2018 wrote:

I am not a business customer. I just have a landline. I am a one person business I suppose.

The if you are running a business on a residential line, the it would be contrary to the residential service T&Cs. I suspect a lot of people do that without realising it, and then complain if they lose business when their line fails, and no compensation is available.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution
I use paper records and they can never be hacked. On colours I use a black and white printer 9as cheaper so when emails come in with colours I encourage people to put their initials against their additions so I can see the different on the print out.
0 Ratings