cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 26

Phone line not ringing?

Go to solution

So since 29/01/2021 my house phone hasn't been getting calls, like I've been told that people have tried to call me & just went straight to voice mail, so I tried to call myself, & it rings once & goes to voice mail.

I've even tried to call from my house phone to my mobile but don't get any sound what so ever, I've looked through my phone settings at like call barring & everything & all seems to be fine. When I've looked into MyBT I can see that I'm getting calls but they're not coming through to the Landline, any ideas what could be causing this or is it something I need to call BT about?

For imformation it's a BT digital phone, cordless if that helps.

Thanks

~Steven

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26

Re: Phone line not ringing?

Go to solution

Spoken to BT, they said my internet is showing as offline, even though I've had no internet problems, they've sent a new hub out as a factory reset didn't kick us offline & still showed as offline to them.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 26

Go to solution

Have you tried a known working corded phone into the test point of your main telephone socket? 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 26

Go to solution

@Stethepea 

Is it BT Digital voice you have, and the BT Smart Hub 2?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 26

Go to solution

They did say about connecting the digital phones to the hub, but I didn't know where the cable was by hand. I also don't have a corded phone so couldn't test that.

The hub was showing offline to them but working fine for me, so I think that it's the hub settings maybe blocking it as the phones think the wifi is down?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 26

Go to solution
Yeah that's correct, not had a problem with it til' now.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 26

Go to solution

@Stethepea 

Where do you normally plug your phone into?

What number is reported when you dial 17070 on the phone?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 26

Go to solution

if digital voice did you get the phone from BT when you signed up?  do you have FTTP?

if DV then the SH2 is a dect base station and phone connects to hub and not by wifi

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 26

Go to solution
@Keith_Beddoe

When I got the phones they said I just plug the base into the wall & then connect the phones to the hub via WIFI, if the wifi ever goes down then so does the phones.
Nothing happens, I get the dial tone but then nothing else, says the number on screen, but no ring or anything. This happens when I'm trying to call anything, even if I go into settings & check status of call barring, doesn't do anything. As on troubleshoot it says try that.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 26

Go to solution
@imjolly

I thought they'd have to connect to the hub, but when I asked they said not too. So I did as they said & not had a problem since I joined in June.

I was a little confused by this as we've got a big white hub thing under the stairs, but it's a newly build & everything connects to that. So not sure what's going on.
Also I'm a noob & not sure what you said to be honest. The phones connected fine when I set it all up & only stopped a few days ago.
0 Ratings