Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 26

Re: Phone line not ringing?

Go to solution

@Stethepea wrote:
@Keith_Beddoe

When I got the phones they said I just plug the base into the wall & then connect the phones to the hub via WIFI, if the wifi ever goes down then so does the phones.
Nothing happens, I get the dial tone but then nothing else, says the number on screen, but no ring or anything. This happens when I'm trying to call anything, even if I go into settings & check status of call barring, doesn't do anything. As on troubleshoot it says try that.

If you have BT Digital Voice, and BT have sent you some phones, then they have sent the wrong ones.  The correct phones connect to the DECT base station in the Smart Hub 2.

If you have your own phones already, then they plug into the phone socket on the back of the Smart hub 2.

Did BT supply the phones?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 26

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 26

Go to solution

I am confused as to whether you have Digital Voice or not. With Digital Voice you would not use a separate base station or your normal phone socket.

Hopefully @imjolly can work out what you have.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 26

Go to solution
@Keith_Beddoe

Yeah I got the phones when I joined, I got 2 handsets, I looked on the BT shop but couldn't find the ones I've got.

I did call them to ask if I have to plug it in & they said no, just to hold the WPS button on the hub & go into settings on the phone & connect it via there. So I did that & connected to the hub, & they've worked fine ever since. So not sure.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 26

Go to solution

if you go to hub manager 192.168.1.254 into address bar and then enter admin password.  can you see your phone number on left and  if so is it purple/blue or greyed out

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 26

Go to solution

Then you have Digital Voice, provided there is no separate base station.

Its possible the phones have somehow been de-registered. Hopefully @imjolly  can tell you how to get them back. It looks like the incoming call path has become disconnected.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 26

Go to solution
@imjolly
I've tried putting that into the browser but it's just loading over & over again.
Could this be because the hub thinks it's offline for some reason?
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 26

Go to solution

remember it is the address bar not search

presumably you are connected to the hub just now

are you using mobile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 26

Go to solution

Yeah I'm doing it in the address bar & I'm still connected to the hub.

I've also deregistered the phones, now it says "Press the WPS button on your hub for 2 seconds"
But when trying that It's not connecting to the hub anymore. So I honestly think it's the hub not working 100%

**EDIT, I'm on the PC**

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 26

Go to solution

have you tried resetting the hub by pressing the recessed button on back and holding for 23/30 secs until lights flash  when hub reboots try address bar again

0 Ratings