cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrankVitali
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Phone line replaced. Auto dialers not working.

Hi all,

I have just had a new phone line put in. It replaces one that failed.  The box is a NTE5c. All the phones are working fine, a good strong dial tone, no crackles or hisses. Incoming calls and outgoing calls work fine.

However..

My alarm system which has a built-in auto-dialer is not working any more. It always used to work. I have checked voltage and there is 50.2. I even wired in a telephone socket at the alarm point and made sure there is dial tone. There is. Outgoing calls that I make from that point work fine.

When it is trying to dial out and I pick up a phone to listen in, I can here it trying to dial out but it is very low volume and once it's dialed the number automatically, the dial tone just continues.

I have also a SureSafe Personal Alarm which also has in built dialer and that is not working either. I have tested this by plugging it in direct to the Master Socket with nothing else plugged in and it still doesn't work.

Any thoughts how to fix would be appreciated,

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Phone line replaced. Auto dialers not working.

If your ‘line’ was installed  because the original failed , what was the cause of that failure ?, if it were a lightning strike, then it’s possible that your equipment connected to the line was damaged because of that....regardless, if your line is now OK , but your equipment isn’t working as expected, you would need to approach whoever provides that equipment for it to be checked and repaired or replaced as necessary 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

@FrankVitali 

Who provides your phone service?

0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

When you monitor your auto dialler making a call is it sending out pulses or tones?

It could be that the new line does not allow pulse (known as loop disconnect) 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings