cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KLD
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Phone not Ringing for Incoming Calls

My landline isn’t ringing for incoming calls, which seems to be a relatively common fault.  It was working fine earlier today.  I have tried the recommended tests, including unplugging all phones and just using one plugged in to the main socket, asking a friend to call to check that the line works, etc.
Other posts to the Community suggest that it’s a BNR (‘Bell Not Ringing’) fault code and an easy fix at the exchange but I can find no way of reporting it online.
Work commitments (I’m a carer) mean that I’m not around to wait for a call centre to answer during office hours and I cannot find the ‘Chat with Us Online’ feature mentioned on the Troubleshooter page.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Phone not Ringing for Incoming Calls

@KLD 

Report it online here.

Fault reporting 

0 Ratings
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 6

What phone have you plugged in?
0 Ratings
KLD
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Thanks.

I 've tried a BT Duet 450 corded phone, a cordless Siemens Gigaset and a phone/fax machine.  All unplugged and then plugged in individually.  None ring when called.  All were ringing properly yesterday.  All still work for making and receiving calls, just not ringing for incoming calls.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
KLD
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Thanks. That just took me back to the Troubleshooting page, where I received this message yesterday and again today: "You started to troubleshoot a problem with your landline and saved some details below, but you've not submitted this information to us. " Unfortunately, there is no 'submit' button.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 6

Hi @KLD I'm sorry to see you're phones aren't ringing. The moderation team will be happy to help you get this reported however we're very busy at the moment so it will likely take us a few days before we could get to your case, I'll send a private message so you can get in touch. However, if you give 0800 800 151 a call it may result if this getting sorted sooner, I don't believe the waiting time is to bad at the moment. 

0 Ratings