cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoyceG
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Phone not ringing for incoming calls but only when they are number withheld

The subject description really says it all: calls from numbers which are not witheld ring every time but when callers withhold their numbers the phone clicks but doesn't ring. This is a really serious problem for me as I missed a call from my GP because the surgery withholds its number. When I did get hold of them, the next day, I found I had to be admitted to hospital.  My phones are cordless. Any help gratefully received! Joyce

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Phone not ringing for incoming calls but only when they are number withheld

HI @JoyceG ,

Do you have withheld numbers set to block on BT Call Protect ?

0 Ratings
JoyceG
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for getting back to me. I don't think so but how can I tell? I'm attaching the call protect listing for the most recent number withheld call. calls.JPG

0 Ratings
JoyceG
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

I've found the settings page. If I tick the "withheld numbers" option on the attached - choose which types of calls you wan't to receive - and call the phone from a mobile with the number withheld I get a message saying "the caller has chosen not to receive calls from withheld numbers" and notifying callers that they can recall a message. The phone doesn't ring.  If I untick that box I get problem I reported - the phone clicks (only noticeable if you're standing next  to the main receiver) but doesn't ring and I can answer the call if I pick it up. If I call from a mobile without the number withheld the phone rings.  Do you have any further thoughts, please?

0 Ratings