cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: Phone not working

Go to solution

@imjolly @Keith_Beddoe 

Tried all 4 spare splitters, smart hub restarts for each but still the phone gives a message on the screen to check the phone line.

Looking for some suggestions, please.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

Go to solution

@Carlusha 

Check with a phone at the test socket, if it does not work, the you will have to contact BT and report a phone fault.

Its possible that Openreach have forgotten to connect up the exchange side of the cabinet.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

Check with a phone at the test socket, if it does not work, the you will have to contact BT and report a phone fault.

Its possible that Openreach have forgotten to connect up the exchange side of the cabinet.

Thanks, will do

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe @imjolly 

I have carried out the test advised by you and can confirm there is no phone line (although broadband is fine).

Kellys carried out the installation in our flat and in the building's main cabinet in the basement (60 flats here). Presumably Openreach are responsible for the exchange side of things as one of you mentioned.

We were transferring our existing number from the old place to our current place so some adjustment would have had to be made, though in the same exchange (we only moved 350 yards up the road).

As I am deaf and my wife's mother tongue is not English, would one of you be kind enough to report this a one of the Mods for action?
Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

Go to solution

@Carlusha 

You can report the phone fault online.

https://support.bt.com/fix/landline/?view=landlinetroubleshooter

Just use this option highlighted.

Capture.JPG

It will do a line test, and may find the fault. Either way, just follow it through to request a visit

Message 16 of 20

Go to solution

Thanks Keith @Keith_Beddoe 

Appointment made for this coming Friday. Appreciated.

Message 17 of 20

Go to solution

Openreach attended today and did some work including replacing the wall socket with the updated model that does away with the need for a filter.

About 4 hours later, we were called on my mobile. Being deaf, I passed the phone to my wife. It was Openreach engineer asking if our landline phone rings and suddenly it did!

He must have had two mobile phones to pull that one off! Nice guy, really friendly even from 2 metres away!

Message 18 of 20

Go to solution

Hi Carlusha, thanks for the update and good to hear the engineer has fixed things.

cheers

John

Message 19 of 20

Go to solution

And Openreach will never bother to investigate why the job wasn't done properly in the first place.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

Go to solution

@Pedigree500wrote:

And Openreach will never bother to investigate why the job wasn't done properly in the first place.

Our OR operative did but I'm keeping the reason to myself. It was only a couple of days and, in any case, we never use our landline. I only wanted it connected as we pay for it to get broadband.

0 Ratings