cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Phone now connected to hub

Go to solution

Recently had my phone connected to the hub as B.T. Changed me from the copper wire to high fibre, now every time after we have a power cut, which we have many the phone is dead, the broadband works fine, every time I report it they take days to fix it. Anyone else had this problem?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Phone now connected to hub

Go to solution

@Debosco 

If you have lots of power cuts, it may be worth getting a small UPS to cover the outage, provided its not too long.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Not very tech wise ups.??
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@Deboscowrote:

UPS = uninterrupted power supply, it's a battery backup unit that kicks in when the power is down, BT sell them for around £85 plus postage but look online you might find cheaper.

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@Debosco wrote:

UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply).

BT can supply a backup power unit to power the home hub during a power cut, that is assuming that your Openreach optical modem has a battery backup unit. If not, then two separate units  are needed.

Many people already have cordless phones, which would not work anyway, if there is a power cut.

This is for the smart hub 2.

https://shop.bt.com/products/cyberpower-back-up-for-bt-digital-voice-service--non-fttp--091297-FV54....

And this is for the FTTP ONT.

https://shop.bt.com/products/cyberpower-back-up-for-bt-digital-voice-service--fttp--097284-FV55.html

It would be much cheaper to buy a mains output UPS, and plug both the ONT and smart hub 2 into it. 

Something like the Cyberpower BR700ELCD-UK (about £81) would seem more suitable, as you could also plug in any mains powered phones as well.

Keith_Beddoe_1-1630411239719.jpeg

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Debosco  I have similar problem, my BT Full Fibre ISP (no Digital Voice) order has gone wrong and BT have disabled my Openreach copper wire analogue Voice phone. Unexpectedly and very annoyingly, now it is not possible to use my Openreach analogue phone powered from exchange.  Having analogue phone working during power cuts is essential for us because we do not have mobile phones, etc. 

Message 5 has links to BT UPS that provide uninterruptable power to Openreach ONT modem, but shop.bt.com say these products are no longer available.  

How did you manage to provide uninterruptable power to your Openreach ONT modem? 

Kind regards.