cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bayardmm
Contributor
Message 11 of 14

Re: Pointless calls

Nope. However they tried 3 times in one morning and twice on another occasion, unfortunately I was out of the country. I note your possible explanation about not leaving a message, but had I answered I assume I would be connected to a person, and would therefore be informed about the call. If so, surely they could have left some sort of message to give me a clue.
0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 14

@bayardmmwrote:
Nope. However they tried 3 times in one morning and twice on another occasion, unfortunately I was out of the country. I note your possible explanation about not leaving a message, but had I answered I assume I would be connected to a person, and would therefore be informed about the call. If so, surely they could have left some sort of message to give me a clue.

Chances are it's a robot calling, and if no-one answers, then it's possible the calling system simply drops the call rather than passing it onto an operative.

0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 14

Just had a call from 08003357000

They said they were from BT, they knew the bill payers name which is worrying as she didn't sound like a normal customer advisor and she was rude and hung up when I said the person wasn't available, she said she would ring again then hung up. 

0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 14

@Neil0
Can you please confirm that 08003357000 is a valid BT marketing number?

The advisor was very rude.

Is it possible that it could still be a scam call as they could quite easily fake the number?
0 Ratings