cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Port number

Go to solution

Hi I have ordered a new landline contract with Bt today.  Virgin did not port over my old original Bt number ( I am in dispute with them) on time. My old Landline number has not been Re allocated yet! but has been deactivated.  I now have a new number from BT but it won’t be activated till 13 May.  Will it be possible for my old Bt number to be reinstated ( I  had the number for 33 years)  at all ? Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Port number

Go to solution

@jamcef4 

Provided you have not moved out of the serving exchange area, then once your BT Retail number is active, you need to contact BT customer services, and ask for a re-number back to your original number.

You will need to accept the new number to start with.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Hi Keith, no haven’t moved, we have been at same address 27 years.  I did speak to customer service who informed me as number deactivated they couldn’t reinstate and I would be allocated new number. So should I go back to them once new number is activated and request again? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

@jamcef4 wrote:

Hi Keith, no haven’t moved, we have been at same address 27 years.  I did speak to customer service who informed me as number deactivated they couldn’t reinstate and I would be allocated new number. So should I go back to them once new number is activated and request again? 

Your old number would be a "stopped" line, and its possible that CS cannot see it.

Once the line is working, try asking them again, and if you still do not make any progress, then please post back here, and a moderator can be asked to assist, as it will need manual intervention.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Ok I will do that, thanks Keith. If not successful with request with Customer service do I post back on this thread or start a new one. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

@jamcef wrote:

Ok I will do that, thanks Keith. If not successful with request with Customer service do I post back on this thread or start a new one. 

Its better if you post on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Ok, many thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

@jamcef  or @jamcef4 

I assume this has now been resolved?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Hi apologies, been having some family issues. I now have my old BT number reinstated, as you explained I followed your advice and once my new number for my new account with BT was live, I contacted BT with regards to having my old original number of over 30 years re allocated. My new line was on from 13th May and my old number was back on by the 19th May. 🙂 

Cannot thank you guys on here enough so very helpful, apologies again for not updating you sooner.

Many thanks

Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Hi apologies, been having some family issues. I now have my old BT number reinstated, as you explained I followed your advice and once my new number for my new account with BT was live, I contacted BT with regards to having my old original number of over 30 years re allocated. My new line was on from 13th May and my old number was back on by the 19th May. 

jamcef_0-1623073593368.png

Cannot thank you guys on here enough so very helpful, apologies again for not updating you sooner.

Many thanks

0 Ratings