cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Porting Issues with existing number.

OK so FTTP has been available in my street since Dec-20 I know this because 3 of my neighbours have it and my son is a Openreach Engineer of 12 years.  Whenever I tried to get it BT said it was not available even though it was. Finally by treating me as a "new" customer bingo they could see it was available. So I upgraded on the understandinmg that I was happy to have a new account but MUST keep my landline number that I've had for over 30 years always with BT. On 15th Sep they fitted all the new stuff including the VoIP phone (Digital Voice) and it worked great except that I had a new number.  I phoned up and BT were very apologetic and said they would "Port it over". A few days later it was done and I could see my original number in the router properties page.  However......since then it has come to light that the ONLY people who can get through on my landline are those using a mobile on the EE network. Tesco, GiffGaff, Vodaphone, O2 and BT Landlines cannot get through. Just get a few beeps and an error message "Number not valid"  I can ring out to everyone on any network, its just incoming calls that are problematic. Everybody I talk to at BT in whatever department are super friendly but just tell me "it all looks fine from our end, I need to escalate this to the next level" and thats it until I chase them a few days later!  Any ideas please?  Anyboidy seen this issue before?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Porting Issues with existing number.

Are the people who phone you using the full phone number not just the short code without std code. You need the full number on VOIP just like using a mobile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Yes, we have even tried 0044 and +44 for the Uk then the area code and number.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Have you tried FTTP team on 08005874787 and see if they can help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 5

Thanks, if BT don't ring me back Monday as promised that will be my next action.
0 Ratings