cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Problem with Synchronising Handset Data on a Alexa Advanced Home Phone handset

Recently, I have reset my Alexa Advanced Home Phone on the  handset and found that it then displayed 'Synchronising Handset Data'. Pressing the red button on the handset refreshed the screen, but still the same message. The handset is a sealed system, so I could not turn the power off.  The solution was found on the Hub Manager web page, which can be accessed via a computer @ http://192.168.1.254/, on the Phone tab. On clicking this and signing in, the option to reset the handset appeared. The handset is now back to normal.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Problem with Synchronising Handset Data on a Alexa Advanced Home Phone handset

For future reference, the handset isn't "sealed". See P.41 of the manual.

Message 3 of 6

Re: Problem with Synchronising Handset Data on a Alexa Advanced Home Phone handset

Yes, you are correct. However, the diagram illustrated is misleading. I have found the cover to the battery compartment slides or unclips from the back of the handset at the base. Trying to prise apart at the very bottom of the handset yields nothing.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @FredGrainger   It is quick and easy to pull the batteries for a reset.

DSC00729.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Image of my Handset.

Handset 01.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @FredGrainger   Yes, that’s correct. I have four of them and they all pull apart quite easily. The important thing to remember, is to not fight against yourself. If you have a look at my image you can see which part belongs to the top and which part belongs to the bottom.