cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Problems encountered with advent of Digital Voice

Go to solution

??

DV and fibre2 are not mutually exclusive.

DV can be implemented on any broadband service.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

@JohnMutley_65wrote:
Further to my earlier reply, still do not understand why BT tell me my account is fibre 2 when they switched me to DV on 15th December?

Fibre 2 is the name of the broadband package, the billing side shouldn't change as it has always stated broadband and calls, which applies if you have PSTN, FVA or DV

Message 13 of 15

Go to solution
Thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply, another neighbour has been around since and we now have an answering phone facility back working again. 

However, it was most gratifying to watch "Rip Off Britain" today on BBC 1, to see BT severely criticised in the programme for the way it has implemented the switchover from Analogue to Digital.  I was beginning to think it was just me, but to the contrary there are hundreds of other BT customers who have encountered major problems since the switchover.

BT got its knuckles rapped and obviously have a long way to go to restore customer confidence.  There has been insufficient research into potential problems  that will be caused by the switch, it has to happen of course,  but the "techygeeks" have failed in their assessment of the problem, as was clearly highlighted in the programme.     

Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

I’m with you John. When things work as they should, digital voice should be fine. In the real world we’re not all young fit and ok  should there be a problem for example power cuts when mobile signal is unimpressive. When you are a carer for someone who is physically disabled power cuts can be a worrying event. I have lost count over the years how glad to have a landline when the lights, heating and wireless phones have stopped working. When we were young and fit a power cut would not present a problem now they are a real problem due to the stress they cause (they happen in my area with monotonous regularity. However if BT  provide a method of contacting family etc  during a power cut (which i believe they have to do for vulnerable customers)  then it may not be the end of the world.