cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lanboy
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Problems with line 'install'

I'm having huge problems with BT /Openreach.

Basically we moved into our house 4 weeks ago, and got BT booked in to do a line install. Openreach chap turned up and said that the line routing was wrong and that he'd send notes back to get BT to change the routing. 

So nearly 4 weeks later I'm still here, with no BT line (even though the house has been there for 25 years with a phone line and broadband), a missed engineer appointment, promises of call backs virtually every day from BT and nothing happens. When people promise callbacks, it's like they log a diary note, and they've a generic team making the calls, just to tick the box. Nobody seems to actually know whats happening, or provide any useful update.

BT say the fault lies with Openreach, and Openreach say the fault lies with BT. The time on the phone is ridiculous - a minimum of an hour every time.

I've raised a formal complaint with BT (and asked for a ref number, which was supposed to be emailed to me, but never has) and I spoke to the regulator today who opened an initial file for me, just need to wait 8 weeks until they can intervene. I've got my log of events ready to be sent in! It can't be good for BT either. The compensation runs at £5 a day for no service (I've an email promising install on the original date) and £25 per missed appointment. I'm at £165 already.

I spoke to a chap on Friday who said he'd phone me today and will be able to book an appointment for Friday. I've just had a call from a random bod who said I can't even get an update until Thursday!!

Anybody know how I can get to the bottom of this? It is horrendous, and I'm not even a customer yet! Though I have paid £70 for the experience.

Cheers

Lanboy

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 5

Re: Problems with line 'install'

Hi @lanboy 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

I'm really sorry for the delay getting your services connected.  I would like to take a look at the order and understand the reasons for the delay.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
lanboy
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

I can't send a reply to you - the error message says I've sent too many messages and to try again later.

I haven't sent any.

0 Ratings
lanboy
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Managed to send a message just now.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 5 of 5

Hi @lanboy  thanks for sending over your details. I can see that you had also been in touch with the CEO's office and that a colleague in that team is now dealing with your complaint. They will continue to own your complaint through to resolution and I hope that this is sorted speedily for you.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings