cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 21

Property address classified as Silver

Hi there.

Going round in circles trying to get this issue resolved. 

Just moved into a new build that was a show home/sales office. BT is installed there and has been used for the past four years by the developer. When calling BT to take over the service they says the property is "silver" status and can't help. I would need to contact Open Reach. OR have no contact numbers and can only be communicated with by online form (which I have done and they have said they will respond within 28 days). When checking their database, every house in the road appears except mine, although their technology is already the house. 

Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: Property address classified as Silver

if a new build do you have an ONT for FTTP

ONT fttp_small_ont_2019.jpg

how do you know the previous provider was BT retail and not another ISP as they also used the openreach network?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 21

@ChrisDavies 

You would need to follow the process for ordering a new phone line first. Once that has been provided, then the Openreach database will be updated and you will be able to see what broadband options are available to you.

Place an order for a line only using this link - https://www.bt.com/landline/deals

If the address doesn't appear properly when you enter the postcode, there is a section underneath where you can manually enter the address.  This will raise the order with the address showing as bronze and it will prompt Openreach to carry out a survey to confirm the routing.   Once the routing is updated the order will then progress as normal.  You can then add broadband once you have the line up and running.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 21

Hi there. I will need to ask the question as I now have a tenant in place who is desperate to get broadband up and running. Will contact now and update this post. Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 21

Hi there. I just tried that process and when it came to adding my postcode the house number didn't appear in the main list but at the very bottom. The response back was that they would check what services were available at that address and get back to me within 28 days. I think it may have something to do with my address not appearing in the Open Reach database possibly.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 21

Regarding your question about the existing ISP, this is what I was told by the developer, Barratt's.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 21

many people use the 'BT' when they actually mean openreach hence why check to see which ISP previously had the connection.  if been show house then there would have been an active line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 21

Is there anyway of finding this out online as the developer hasn't been very helpful.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 21

Just been in contact with the developer who stated that there have never been any services registered at the address. They just say every new build has the technology in place from Open Reach for new owners to order services.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 21

@ChrisDavies wrote:

Just been in contact with the developer who stated that there have never been any services registered at the address. They just say every new build has the technology in place from Open Reach for new owners to order services.

@ChrisDavies 

Then that is what you will need to do, place an order.

That will update the Openreach database with the routing.

Openreach will not do anything without an order.

0 Ratings