cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

Re: BT FTTP Digital Voice and BT8500 Call Guardian - Can They Co-exist?

Go to solution

I had BT 8500 with call guardian and like you it worked well! They have now given me the latest advanced digital home phone with Alexa included.

How do I specifically attached call guardian to my new phone?

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Go to solution

You need to connect your existing base unit to the phone socket on the back of the SH2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

The existing base ie the advanced digital home phone base only has a single power lead to it? So what are you suggesting I attache to the sh2?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

The digital phone connects directly to the SH2 which is a DECT base station, no physical connection is required.

If you wish to use your existing system, you need to connect it's base station to the Hub's green phone socket.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

My apologies for being a bit vague!

You say connect existing system to hub green connection! What connection and what do you suggest is the existing system?

I see the green hub connection but need to understand the other connection.

Please be patient!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

the BT8500 must have a connection to the phone socket on the wall so the lead which you currently have connected to wall socket now connects to green socket on the back of the SH2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

The call guardian works on a combination of my BT 8500 and the new advanced digital phone ! Basically as an extension rather than the replacement as i had expected.

I appreciate your assistance

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

Call guardian only works on your BT 8500, the advanced digital phone doesn't have call blocking capability.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

@licquorice 

there is a call blocking facility on the digital phones just not the same as the BT8500

Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

Call blocking is not nearly as good as call guardian! But at least I have a compromise in that I can use it as an extension to my bt8500  phone until they develop a digital that does work stand alone.appreciate your assistance

0 Ratings