cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Re: BT4600 Premium Nuisance Call Blocker Cordless Phone. Message Full "Flashing F"

Go to solution

Hello canoeboy18

I have the same problem with my BT 4600 with the message "Mail Box Full"  and the handset set displays

"No Messages"

I see you managed to get a solution  --- is it possible to forward the method to overcome the problem please 

Ps I am coming upto my 82nd in August

edited by mod

Kind Regards

Bob Crabtree  

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT4600 Premium Nuisance Call Blocker Cordless Phone. Message Full "Flashing F"

Go to solution

@abc345def678 

this is a public forum please delete yur email address as not permitted on this BT forum - and also save yourself getting numerous scam emails

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hello 

I am not familiar with this type of communication -- so I'm sorry for any infringement 

How do i delete the email address from my inquiry?

Regards

Bob Crabtree   

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @abc345def678 and welcome.

I've removed the email address for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hi NeilO

Thanks for your response

I've followed the instructions on Page 61 in the BT4600 user guide on several attempts without success 

I've tried going through a reset  -- I've tried disconnecting from the mains --- I've  tried taking the batteries out after a reset

The answer machine will take a message when the phone is not in use  so that's OK

When the phone is in use & someone tries to phone they receive a message the "Mail Box is Full"

And this is the annoying thing about it the handset says there are no messages to delete

Very frustrating 

Thanks for you interest

Regards

Bob

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

@abc345def678 wrote:

Hi NeilO

Thanks for your response

I've followed the instructions on Page 61 in the BT4600 user guide on several attempts without success 

I've tried going through a reset  -- I've tried disconnecting from the mains --- I've  tried taking the batteries out after a reset

The answer machine will take a message when the phone is not in use  so that's OK

When the phone is in use & someone tries to phone they receive a message the "Mail Box is Full"

And this is the annoying thing about it the handset says there are no messages to delete

Very frustrating 

Thanks for you interest

Regards

Bob

That would not be an issue with the phone if the phone is in use and you get an incoming call. It would be a problem with your voicemail service which is taking the call while your phone is in use. Do you have answer 1571 active on your line, as it will be its message store which is full.

Normally people would get busy tone if your phone is in use. So something is intercepting your incoming calls, when your line is busy.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Hi Keith

I do have the 1571 facility but having said that I have no idea how to delete its message store

Bye 

& Thanks

Bob

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

https://www.bt.com/help/landline/all-about-bt-answer-1571-voicemail

It may be best to remove the feature from your BT account if you do not use it. Have you tried listening to all of the  20 stored messages?

"What happens if my BT Answer 1571 mailbox is full?

Callers hear the message: "Sorry, this mailbox is full, it cannot accept any more messages."

And when you dial 1571 you'll hear: "Welcome to BT Answer. BT Answer is completely full. Please delete any unwanted messages""

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Hi Keith 

Today was my "Eureka" day

Yesterday there was a mention of 1571 from the "Community"  so I looked it up in the manual 

Followed the instructions & deleted all the messages 

This morning tested the system & the mailbox took the message

Today I have read your message & your info confirms what I did 

Many Many thanks to you & all concerned 

We now have the answer for anyone else who has the same problem

I searched Youtube & Google without success until joining the BT Community

Maybe someone has the knowhow to put the info on youtube

Kind Regards

Bob

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

@abc345def678 

Simple solution in the end. The phone was only trying to tell you that there was a message or messages waiting for you on 1571 😀

0 Ratings