cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

Re: Call blocking with Digital Voice

Go to solution

I have received and set up ( to the best of my ability) a DV phone. I have a dual  BT4600 existing system which includes ( included) Truecall call screening. Despite setting my DV to maximum rings as suggested the Truecall screening is not working, all phones ring ,but Truecall doesn't cut in,  which was the reason I bought the BT 4600 in the first case to cut out ( very successfully) all unwanted calls.

I have a BT tech guy coming tomorrow ( 29 Dec), if he can sort it I'll post the solution he comes up with

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Go to solution
Just to add, I have working 'Caller Display'
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

@DerekDDS 

Does the incoming number, display on the phone handsets?

Is the BT4600 base unit plugged into the socket on the back of the Smart Hub 2?

Can you make sure that BT Call Guardian is turned on.

Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

Yes and yes. Caller numbers display. I also added the original filter in between the phone plug and the socket at the rear of the BT Smart Hub 2

( I think this was the reason the BT4600 ring, but it may have been setting the DV to max rings ? )

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

@DerekDDS wrote:

Yes and yes. Caller numbers display. I also added the original filter in between the phone plug and the socket at the rear of the BT Smart Hub 2

( I think this was the reason the BT4600 ring, but it may have been setting the DV to max rings ? )

That filter is not needed, and may interfere with the operation of the phone. The filter is only for use on broadband.

If the number is being displayed, then the issue is with the settings on the BT4600, as its the internal software that does the filtering, not the BT network.

Please can you remove the filter, and also ensure that the BT Call Guardian mode is enabled, and set to "announce". I have the same phone system.

There should be a Guardian symbol showing on the phone display.

Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

Call Guardian was working on the BT 4600 before I added DV and to my knowledge I haven't changed any settings 

Thank you for your responses, I will ad Kudos

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

@DerekDDS wrote:

Call Guardian was working on the BT 4600 before I added DV and to my knowledge I haven't changed any settings 

Thank you for your responses, I will ad Kudos

It has to be a setting on the phone which is wrong, as the only number that should get through, are those which are saved in the phone book. The phone simply tries to match the incoming CLI with the stored numbers, and if there is no match, the default action of either "announce" or "answerphone" is executed.

Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

Thanks, i have removed the filter and will go through the menu settings on the BT 4600 to make sure the 'annouce/answerphone/allow' are correctly set-up. Watch this space !

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

I would also make sure in MYBT that DV answering system is set to max rings and ensure your 4600 is set to a lesser number on rings  

It may also help if you go to settings on DV phone then phone settings/line settings/call settings and then change call mode from multi to single

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution

@imjolly 

The CLI is getting to the phone as the number is being displayed, so it has to be phone software issue. Sometimes all that is needed, if all other settings are correct, is a power cycle of the BT4600 base unit.