cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Caller display not working, going round in circles

Ok Keith,
I'll do that and remove it now, then add it back on after 48 hours and see how we go. I'll come back with an update on this thread after than and see how we go. Hopefully to confirm it's working.

James.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

If there is still a problem after that, and it says the service is not active, then there may be a data mismatch somewhere between your account, and the exchange equipment number, and a moderator can be asked to help.

Message 13 of 18

Oh great, now that I've removed the 'Caller Display' and checked the order, BT have now changed by calling plan to the silly 'Pay As You Go Call Plan', which I did not select or ask for, so here goes another wasted day on the phone to try to get them to undo something I didn't ask for. And there was me thinking I'd not have to spend my Sunday on the phone with BT again 😞
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

The PAYG is now the default for all new renewals. I assume you must have  added one of the calling plans yourself?

If you had not done that, then you should be able to select one of them yourself.

https://www.bt.com/help/landline/manage-service/i-want-to-change-or-cancel-my-services/what-are-the-...

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

I was on the 700 minutes per month plan and didn't ask for any change to that. That was only a new package I joined around September 2020 when I changed over to the Halo product.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

@grandles wrote:
I was on the 700 minutes per month plan and didn't ask for any change to that. That was only a new package I joined around September 2020 when I changed over to the Halo product.

That may have been removed when you changed over to FTTP, you may not have noticed it.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

Looks that way. I don't use the actual phone line (but do have my Mother living with me as I'm her carer). She does make calls, but not very often. I'll wait until the next billing cycle and see the cost different. If she's using over the cost that the 700 minute bundle would cost, I'll go back onto that plan.

So, for the moment, with the above exception, I have now done as you have suggested and removed the Caller Display feature. I'll wait 48 hours and them add that back on and see how we do with resolving the Caller ID option not working.

Thank you for your help,
James.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

BT now assume that many people only use the landline occasionally, or not at all, so it makes sense to have a PAYG option. You will have to decide what is best.

I am on an old legacy ADSL (12Mb) package, which has free weekend calls, however I cannot remember the last time I made a call, as its my wife that does that, and she has unlimited calls on her BT mobile.

0 Ratings