cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22

Re / Digital Voice Adapter

Go to solution

I have a Dect phone with base station. Can I plug the base station into a Digital Voice Adapter instead of the Hub 2  

if so how do I obtain a Digital Voice Adapter

thank you 

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: Re / Digital Voice Adapter

Go to solution

Yes, the DV adapter is simply a portable phone socket that just requires a mains socket.

Call customer services
0330 1234 150

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 22

Go to solution
This may work.

How to get a free BT digital voice adapter?

You can order one adapter for free from bt.com/DVequipment, or TEXT the word ADAPTER to 61998.

I think you are given a voucher code which you use on the EE shop checkout to get it free.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

Go to solution
Great thank you
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 22

Go to solution
Thank you very much for that
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 22

Go to solution

If you are not registered on the EE Shop (Used to be the BT Shop), then you have to do that to place an order.

This is information obtained from other posts on this forum.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 22

Go to solution

Thanks again I am with EE at the moment but moving house and have to switch over to BT to BB. Will still have EE mobile 

so should be able to sort it from great information given to my post 

thanks agin 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 22

Go to solution

Adaptor ordered 

thanks for your help 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 22

Go to solution

Switched to digital voice a couple of days ago.  I've ordered and received a digital voice adapter (good service!). 

My existing phones (Gigaset A501) work with the adapter, but Caller Display does not work when using the adapter - incoming calls simply say 'external call'.  Before I received my adapter, the phone was plugged directly into the socket on the SmartHub2 and all worked fine (including caller Caller Display), but it really isn't at all convenient to have the phone next to where the router is located.  

Looking back at threads from a year or so ago this was the subject of much discussion referring to various other phones. There does not seem to have been a solution, so far as I can see - apart from suggesting that BT need to rethink the design / operation of the adapter.  The conclusion seemed to be that the adapter was not capable of picking up the 'pulse' which triggered the Caller ID recognition.

Is there a solution, please?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

Go to solution

If you don't want your phone near your router, and prefer not to use the Adapter either.... connect your phone to an ext lead and plug that into the back of your hub 2. It works for me, but having said that, my router is not a million miles away from my phone and so I've got the ext lead hidden away in a long piece of trunking. 

0 Ratings