cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fitsyougood
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Re: Engineer no Show!

Hi, I contacted BT over a line fault & a line test was done, appointment made for a Saturday morning for an engineer to visit. Said the line fault was outside the property and the matter would be reported back to rectify. 

The line fault continued and I rang again & the test was said to be done again and BT wanted access to the property. Appointment made and was told by BT if the fault was inside my boundary then I could be charged £85 for the visit. 

On the day of the appointment as I’m a guided by BT and the line checks done I phoned in about 11am and told an engineer was on his way, as the appointment was between 8AM & 1pm. Just after 1pm  I phoned again and was told the job had been closed down on the 31st May. When the appointment given to me was for the 4th June. 

BT offered a £25.00 missed appointment & I declined as I kindly stated it was not a missed appointment as the job was closed down and no one was going to attend anyway. I asked why no one called me to say the job had been compelled and there policy/procedure for letting customers know of a job completed or how customers are informed or the timescale to inform customers of a job being closed down but no one has come back to me on any of this. 

I just view view this as appalling way to treat customers & the derisory offer made. Has anyone had a similar situation & how was it resolved 

thank you 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

It would have been Openreach reach that required access to your property.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Fitsyougood
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Dave, 

what im struggling with is to why when a job has been closed down do they not inform the customer as the customer is none the wiser if an engineer is going to show or not. 

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Fitsyougood welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry that the fault was closed preventing the the engineer visit from going ahead. I appreciate the frustration this must have caused you and I apologise that you wasted the morning waiting for an engineer visit that wasn't going to happen.

I've sent you a Private Message in a few moments with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team if you'd like our help getting this sorted.

0 Ratings