cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Re: Need the following help.

Hello,

I have brought a New BT Smart hub 2 router but there is no WAN port on the back of the router, is the router faulty, can I just using the BT Smart Hub 2 without the broadband connected just to use the phone ?

Any help would be great

Thanks 

Matthew
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

@MATTHEWATLANT0S 

Later smart hubs can be configured to use one LAN port as a WAN connection. You should be able to get guidance from another forum member who has one.

If you have BT Digital voice, then you will need the smart hub connected to broadband, for it to work.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Click on Advanced Settings > Broadband and then set Full Fibre (FTTP) mode to On. If the option isn't there, you don't have the latest version of firmware necessary. Unfortunately, you will be in a catch22 situation as you will be unable to connect the hub to update the firmware unless you take it to a neighbour/friend with FTTC to update it.

sh2wan.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

F8A32168-E682-4A5E-85B4-53AA38BB8845.jpegHello,

Thanks for the picture of the settings for the router but I could not get into the settings of the router so I reset the router but no good so I have sent it back for a refund, when I told the firm the issue they told me that they would refund me.

please see attached photo, can someone tell me if the white BT box in the picture is a router, as the firm have a BT smart hub 2 but it has no router.

Thanks 

Matthew
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Looks like modem ONT for fibre and just need to connect a router

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

That is an Openreach ONT which is an optical modem not a router.

I have no idea what you mean when you say the firm has a Smart Hub 2 but it has no router. The smart hub2 IS a combined VDSL modem/router or just a router depending on configuration.

Why are you buying a Smart Hub2 from some dodgy geezer, you should have been supplied with one from BT.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Hello,

it is because BT just keep sending me faulty Routers that work for a couple of weeks then pack up working and BT tech support    have told me that I have reached the limit of how many routers they can send out. 
this is why I need to buy the smart hub 2.

hope this help.

thanks

Matthew
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

I would be extremely surprised if you were sent a number of faulty routers, particularly as they worked for a while and then stopped working. What exactly stopped working with them, have you had an engineer visit to investigate?

0 Ratings