cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Re: New Digital Voice home phone service on BT

Go to solution

I have the option of Digital Voice, when I join BT and upgrade 😀 with either one colour or two monochrome HD phones.

However, I'm a bit confused  as I currently have a pair of excellent BT 4600 cordless phones with (Call Guardian powered by trueCall) an answerphone, and great call blocking and filtering.😀 Would I loose the cordless phones with an answerphone, and great call blocking and filtering if I took this offer?

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 3.57.09 PM.png

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Go to solution

No you can connect the 4600 base unit to the phone socket on the back of the SH2and then use the cordless phone with the existing your current base unit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

@Leapy 

The BT Supplied Smart hub 2 has a phone socket where you can plug in an existing phone system like the BT4600

Personally, I would avoid Digital Voice at the moment, unless there is no other option. An FTTP connection would require BT Digital voice.

Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

@imjolly  Thank you for that information. 🙂

Does that mean that I'm better off not getting one (or two) of the new HD phones and just keeping and using, what I have already got?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

I have had digital voice for over a year and never once had any problems. It does give ability to make 2 calls at the same time assuming you have 2 DV handsetS.  I do have a stable FTTC connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe Thanks 🙂 Yes it would be FTTP, so I guess that forces me to go for the HD option and loose the  BT 4600 awanerphone and call blocking features?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

@Leapy wrote:

@Keith_Beddoe Thanks 🙂 Yes it would be FTTP, so I guess that forces me to go for the HD option and loose the  BT 4600 awanerphone and call blocking features?

No it does not, you can plug your existing phone into the socket, as @imjolly  has said.

Shown in green on this picture.

Capture.JPG

You do not have to use the special Digital Voice phones.

Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

As I posted just connect the 4600 base unit to phone socket on back of hub and then 4600phones

Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

I think you can also ask BT to send you a Digital Voice Adapter (DVA) which enables to still use you old phones but in a different room. You plug the DVA into a spare socket and then plug your old phones into that.

I think that's correct.

👍

Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

Be good if someone who has a DVA and used it posted how well it works