cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: New Digital Voice home phone service on BT

Go to solution

I have used a DVA with a phone pluged in, and the socket on the back of the Smart Hub 2 as well as the Digital Essential phones and they all work very well.

I did have an occasional problem early on when answering using a Digital Esential phone. Very rarely, the person on the other end could not hear me, but that seems to have been fixed now.

I have Fibre to the Cabinet (FTC).

Richard

Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

@barnpiece 

Sorry you had the DVA connected to an extension socket and your standard phone connected  to DVA and worked ok?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

@Leapywrote:

@Keith_Beddoe Thanks 🙂 Yes it would be FTTP, so I guess that forces me to go for the HD option and loose the  BT 4600 awanerphone and call blocking features?

Hi @Leapy   I have the BT Premium Phones with the contacts synced with my Outlook address book and Mobile phone and rely upon the nuisance call blocker. Unfortunately this is not available on the new Digital phones so I will opt for the Digital Voice Adapter https://www.bt.com/content/dam/bt/help/user-guides/Digital-Voice-Adapter-userguide.pdf

Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

Excuse my ignorance.

I thought Digital Voice was only available with FTTP, mainly because no copper wire is being used any more?

Or can DV be used over copper wires as well?

Cheers.

Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

Digital voice is just BT's version of VOIP, can be used over any medium.

Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

@VeteranISPUser Thanks 🙂

I'm running short of powerpoints and I see Digital Voice Adapter needs a powersource to work.  Does this have to be a direct connection or can it run off an extrension lead?

Also, am I correct that if you dont have a call blocking phone, then with  BTVOIP  you should use Anonymous Caller Reject, which is an extra £6.50 per month? 😞

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

An FTTP connection does not necessarily require BT Digital voice, mine doesn't have it.

But , looking at the DVA, is it just a Wifi connected Voip device or must it be used with a BT HUB ?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

I had the DVA plugged in to a mains socket upstairs with an old BT corded phone plugged in and it worked fine.

Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

Digital Voice can be used with either FTTP or FTTC.

The DVA can only be used with a BT Smart Hub but from my personal experience it works well and can be used with any phone.