cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Re: Recover previous number

Hi @RobbieMac I have a similar issue. Can I please DM you with my details and the number I'm trying to get back? Thanks!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

@mukhaimer 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

I assume you are a current BT Retail phone customer?

Message 3 of 8

Assuming a BT customer how and when did you last have your number?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 8

Correct, the number was with BT. It's been a few years that it's been lost.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

And I'm still currently a BT customer, but I've been given a different number

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Then you will not get number back if that long ago

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 8

Thanks for your reply.

If the number remains unused after this long time, what options does one have to recover it or port it?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

You can only recover a number if it was lost within 28 days, this period is sufficient time to allow porting to another provider.

Old numbers would only exist on the old analogue PSTN exchanges, which are being closed. Its not possible to re-allocate them to BT Digital Voice.

No new analogue connections are being made.

0 Ratings