cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Re: Upgraded to digital voice that I can’t use

After receiving a message from BT explaining that old copper connection to phone is to be disconnected soon. And that i can change over to  a hub 2 to connect my phone, FREE.....Via the chat line i explained the message and was told i would receive a  new hub 2 which i can connect my existing BT phone system.

The hub was delivered today all set up with the exception of my BT phone 8600 twin. I plug into the socket at the back of Hub 2, but its not connecting with a message on the phone " Line cord error, please check" 

Any ideas please.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

have you actually been moved to DV?  if you go to hub manager is your phone number shown and if so is it blue or greyed out?  if latter DV not active yet hence why socket on back of SH2 not working

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 13

Thank you, I am now getting to understand. No not to DV. I am in the hub manager, phone symbol is greyed out. saying Not configured.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

if you are in hub manager your phone number is on left hand side of first page

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 13

I am in the hub manager, phone symbol is greyed out. saying Not configured.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

so you have not been moved to DV yet hence why socket on back of hub does not work

Message 7 of 13

Thank you kindly. How do i get myself moved to DV please ?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

If you are on FTTP then you can try phoning 08005874787 and see if they can help. If not on FTTP  then you just need to wait until BT notify you of change over

Message 9 of 13

Thanks for the reply, sorry i forgot all about this post until my home phones started to play up.

It seems a long process from the time i got my original letter notice explaining that i was going to be changed over to DV.

What is FTTP ?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

FTTP - fibre to the premises as against FTTC - fibre to the cabinet - and then copper to your home

if you have FTTP you will have an openreach box ONT similar to this

ONT fttp_small_ont_2019.jpg

0 Ratings