cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Re-joining BT - keeping same landline phone number?

Who said that the number would have to change? For a simple switch of providers it will probably be *at least* as smooth as it was when you moved the number from BT to Zen because of all the extra years these organisations have of doing this every day. (Who would bother to log in to a support forum to report back on this - we only see the cases here where it doesn't work).

Moving the land line numbers between providers has been pretty transparent for my and my parents' switches between different providers over the last 10 years (including in and out of Virgin Media; from BT to Talk Talk to Sky, and including from physical phone lines to the new "Digital Voice" lines that Sky and VM use by default already).

If it doesn't "just happen" on the day then it can likely be fixed over the next days and weeks by BT.

Zen do have a reputation for a slightly higher level of service and support than other providers, and if that's worth paying for to you,  or don't accept any risk then it's a sensible choice to stay with. My brother loves them after the advice he got from them to fix his setup for what he needed for his work (he creates and plays computer games).

In my recent experience, BT has been helpful and responsive around setting up the details of  my recontract, and retrieving my phone number of 28 years after it has spent 13 days with Virgin Media 😄

Maybe it will be a good excuse to phone a few old friends if I do need to change it? (Probably I'll just text their mobiles though :D)

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Hi Keith,
Thanks for your reply - the number was originally a BT landline number (from around 1970), so it sounds as though it should be possible - fingers crossed of course!
Thanks again, LRS
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

@LRS wrote:
Hi Keith,
Thanks very much for your reply! That sounds promising that he can request a renumber back to his original number! Great news!
Thanks again! LRS

If he has any issues with the renumber, once his BT service is live, then one of the forum moderators can normally help.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Hi Firefox 1701!
Thanks for your reply! Reading your's and the replies above, it sounds as though it should be possible to keep the same landline number - especially as was originally a BT number before moving to Zen, but let's hope!
Thanks again, LRS
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

Hi again imjolly!
Thanks for your follow-up reply! As you say, there are lots of different scenarios, but hopefully in my Dad's case the fact the it was originally a BT Landline number will mean that he can keep the original number. Thanks for the advice ref not cancelling Zen first, but let BT Retail do the changeover.
LRS.
0 Ratings