cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Received the non Alexa Phone

Go to solution

Hi there,

I have been advised that I am migrating to Digital Voice tomorrow 23rd August. I am on FTTP and I was originally made aware of this via email on 16th August. I read that there was a link to claim a new advanced digital phone rather than continue to use my older existing handset. 

I was sent the new Advanced Digital Phone but it is not the Alexa version which I assumed I would be getting. Anyone else had a similar experience or know why I didn't receive the latest Alexa version.

Thanks for any assistance.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Received the non Alexa Phone

Go to solution

probably using up stock of the existing advanced digital phones bearing in mind it is free

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply, I would have thought by now they would be issuing the Alexa version for new migrations as they first launched the Alexa phone in February I think.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

Did you specifically ask for an Alexa version?

I've been speaking to BT about free issue phones today, as I had the swicth email this week for being transferred over to DV  after moving to FTTH 300 about 2 months ago.

I was told that I can either have two non Alexa phones or a single Alexa version as free issue, so went for the later offer and it arrives on Friday.

Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply. After I received the email telling me about moving to DV I read that there was a link to claim a new advanced digital phone rather than continue to use my older existing handset. The link did not have the option to specifically choose  the Alexa Version it just said it was the Advanced Digital Phone. I assumed it would be the latest Alexa Version as it was launched in February. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Can you post a picture of the  phone you've received?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Advanced Digital Voice PhoneAdvanced Digital Voice Phone

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

It's basically identical to the Alexa Model except it has the Call Protect button instead of the Alexa Button. I have it all set up and I am happy with it, I was just a bit surprised when I received the non Alexa model.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

BT are showing three DV phones available:

https://www.bt.com/help/user-guides/phones/digital-voice

Two models are non-Alexa , one of which is "Advanced" which you've received.

BT were clear when I spoke to them that you either get one Alexa model or two non-Alexa phones (but no confirmation if Advanced or Essential).

You appear to have neither one nor the other from the offer.

I'd either ask for another one of what you've received or see if you can get an Alexa phone, if you really need it?

My phone never turned up on Friday and the order is now showing as pending......

Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

unless BT have changed what phones you received when you get DV it was either 2 essential or 1 advanced

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.