cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Reinstate landline number

My landline was disconnected 9 months ago. I would like my landline to be reconnected, but with my original number. My original number has not been reallocated. Is this possible, to have a landline with my original number.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Reinstate landline number

@JohnJames 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

That is not going to be possible, as the limit is 28 days for a number to be recovered.  The PSTN network is closing down, and all new allocations use BT Digital Voice.

Numbers are not normally re-allocated to anyone else, as there are plenty of spare numbers, as many people just have mobiles.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Keith,
Thank you for making time to reply.
Could I have landline installed with a new number. Once installation is complete, then port my old number to new installation.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@JohnJames 

There are no new analogue phone landlines available.

See https://landlinesgo.digital/

You would be issued with a new number, carried over the broadband connection, but it would not be possible to get back a number which has been inactive for so long, and would have only physically existed on the old analogue PSTN network.

I can not recall anyone posting on this forum who has requested a number which has been inactive for so long, as there would be no reason anyway, as most people would have already been told of their new number.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thanks Keith. We had the old number for nearly 50 years, but unfortunately it was lost when upgrading.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

It should have been possible at that time, to get your number back, if you were with BT Retail, and had asked about it on this forum. Provided you had not moved to a different exchange area.

0 Ratings