cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Replacement Hub but Digital Voice not configured

Hi

Having had multiple wifi issues, my Smart Hub 2 has just been swapped out.  I have registered my BT digital voice handset to the new hub but getting the error message unable to make or receive calls.  

On checking the Smart Hub 2 Manager - the phone box is greyed out and states "not configured".  I cannot find any guidance on configuration so not sure if only BT can do this?  Any clues?

As an aside, on registration, the handset name was "Handset 2" even though it is the only handset registered to the Hub.

Thanks

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Replacement Hub but Digital Voice not configured

if you go to hub manager then select the phone can you then select reset base station?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 10

Thanks for the response but I am unable to select the phone on the Hub Manager as it is greyed out.  

However, I was able to reset the base station using the handset menu but this has not cleared the "unable to make or receive calls" error.  Resetting the phone and registering the phone to the hub after resetting the base station has also not cleared it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Try in order

Restart your hub. if no luck

Factory reset your Hub. If still no luck

Ring the FTTP team on 0800 5874787

Message 5 of 10

Thanks for the response but that didn't work either - I will give BT a call when I get a chance.

Thanks again

Message 6 of 10

Yep, best to give them a call. I had a similar problem back in 2019 and it only took BT a day or so to sort it out at their end.
Message 7 of 10

Hi 

Is there an easy way to escalate issues and actually get to speak to somebody?  I have now been without landline connectivity for over two months....

I have rang the FTTP number and got the bot running diagnostics before being given the opportunity to speak to an operator.  Having down this, I am advised that the issue has been escalated to a more technical team and they would be in touch.   Having had neither resolution nor anybody getting in touch, I repeat the process with the same result.  Having tried a third time, and requesting an agent call back (by SMS messaging), I wasn't even called back.

I just want to use the service I am paying for....

Thanks for any advice

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

See message 4

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Tried all that and even replaced the handset, rang the number multiple times ... still not fixed and BT don't ring back ☹️

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Strange, the FTTP team are usually pretty good. Try any or all of the following

Keep trying the FTTP team

Ring 0800 800150

Report your problem online at https://www.bt.com/help/report-and-track-your-bt-problem

0 Ratings