Message 11 of 29

Re: Replacement batteries

Go to solution

battery compartment opening.PNG

It's not the easiest but that guide above makes it possible,

Message 12 of 29

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply, yes that is the diagram shown in the manual but I still don't understand how to make it open. Is there something I am missing.

Did you manage to get it opened by simply pressing / pulling the top apart like the manual shows. Or did you have to use a particular technique and if so could you describe it in detail please. Thanks for all your assistance everyone.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 29

Go to solution

This may be better:

2.jpg

Those 5 vertical channels (not seen in the guide picture) are where you need to push/pry and it'll easily release.

I've tested 2 units that I've alredy opened and they open easy but  I tried a new one just now and a little bit of force is needed -it's like a button motion on those 5 channels.

The BT instructions are very good once you realise you need to push in the 'button' and pry just like above ie it peels open.

Message 14 of 29

Go to solution

@FTT wrote:

This may be better:

2.jpg

Those 5 vertical channels (not seen in the guide picture) are where you need to push/pry and it'll easily release.

I've tested 2 units that I've alredy opened and they open easy but  I tried a new one just now and a little bit of force is needed -it's like a button motion on those 5 channels.

The BT instructions are very good once you realise you need to push in the 'button' and pry just like above ie it peels open.

I have the advance Alexa DV phone but there is no way I can get the 2 halves separated as you describe

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 15 of 29

Go to solution

Ahhh that is the answer, that worked perfectly. !!!!

I think they should revise the manual to include what you say as it would be more helpful imho. 

Thanks a million for your help everyone. 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 29

Go to solution

I should maybe have mentioned I actually got my wife to open it, she has slim fingers and was able to use her nail to press on the 5 channels as you advised. 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 29

Go to solution

@FTT 

eventually managed as you described to split front and back😀

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 18 of 29

Go to solution

Glad you managed it too. 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 29

Go to solution

Glad you guys got sorted I'm especially happy to help the Very Reverend I.M. Jolly I grew up with his joyful and fulfilling homilies every New Year, it made me the person I am today.

Message 20 of 29

Go to solution

I always looked forward to the shows on Hogmanay  I have a few of the shows on video and it is great looking back