cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 29

Replacement batteries

Go to solution

I just recently switched to the Digital Voice Service and received the Advanced Digital Phone.

Silly question but has anyone got any tips for how to open the battery compartment. I have read the manual and tried doing what it shows in the diagram description but its not opening for me. I don't want to force it and break something but I feel there must be a special technique required to open it. 

I obviously don't need to replace batteries just yet as its new but would like to know for the future.

Thanks for any help.

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29

Re: Replacement batteries

Go to solution

I tried it and found that by using my finger nails in the seam between  back and front just up from base I could price case apart but did not actual complete and open 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 29

Go to solution

Someone must know.

For guidance.....I had a similar problem with a Panasonic Phone, where the diagram was misleading.

Try pinching the phone near the bottom (carefully), then try sliding the back either upwards or downwards, without undue force. You may find that the back then releases. For the Panasonic , I had to slide the back upwards....No force required.

Message 4 of 29

Go to solution

Hi @raydun 

Assuming the Advanced Handset is similar, on the Essential DV handset there are 3 pips on the removable cover where it meets the back of the phone. Place your thumb on the 3 pips with all of your thumb on the back cover as  much as possible. Press and slide your thumb downwards in one movement and the cover comes off.

Message 5 of 29

Go to solution

Hi there, thanks everyone for replies. The Essential Handset is actually different so unable to use that method. Tried the finger nail method suggested above but still not cracked it yet. 🙂 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 29

Go to solution

@Ribblelancs @Andy005 

Tried both suggestions and either work

There are no 3 dots on the casing and the casing is to rigid to squeeze inwards

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 29

Go to solution

@imjolly

Perhaps the technical publications dept need reviewing.

I had no end of trouble fixing a Panasonic state of the art posh designer phone for a friend. She has a Siemens phone, which is well ....er OK, if a little poor at the high frequency end of things. She was going to throw the new Panasonic out! And even after fixing it she’s still wary of installing it. Doesn’t help when Openreach had to look in to the installation, and found a problem.

All new handsets follow a commercial design procedure. They copy each other.

The fix was simple, but the tech author, who probably had good translation qualifications, had little real tech knowledge. They are plastic mouldings, and don’t respond to force.

Message 8 of 29

Go to solution

So am I correct in saying no one has successfully managed to open the battery compartment on the Advanced Digital Home Phone. ?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 29

Go to solution

I was able to get both sides open at base end and away from connection socket with is attached to front  using my finger nails in small gap between front and back but did not open completely as I have no need to replace batteries and will cross that bridge as and when I need to

Message 10 of 29

Go to solution

@imjolly, @raydun Not much consolation, but there's a similar post on the BT 8610. A phone which looks remarkably similar in build, and the graphical instructions are similar. The back seems to just lift off. The user has marked the topic with a kudo, but I'm not exactly sure if it was solved.
I got it all wrong.

Your instruction manual should give info on where to get help, either by chat or by phone.

• Search for Community topic "BT 8610 replace batteries" for the conversation.