cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Replacement for dialer alarm system

I currently have a home alarm with a self monitored phone dialler that calls my number when an alarm sounds (so no cost). I am in an area without mobile coverage and so can not use a mobile alternative. When digital lines come what options do I have ?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Replacement for dialer alarm system

You could try plugging the dialer into the green socket on the SH2 - some have reported that works for them.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I am just pre-empting the change over however do you think an analogue dialer can work on a digital ethernet based line
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

The green socket on the SH2 provides the equivalent of a POTS outlet, so many analogue devices can work. Some that rely on a 3 wire (rather than the 2 wire) signal can be made to work by plugging in an ADSL filter into the green socket and plugging in your analogue device to the filter (this is because the filter implements the 3 wire signaling and nothing to do with filtering!)
Message 5 of 6

Ask your alarm company what they support with the old PSTN network being switched off, BT call it Digital Voice, Sky call their version 'Internet Calls' and everyone else will come up with their own solution.

The anouncement to the industry was made in 2015, so alarm companies had a warning before the rollout to prepare.

Message 6 of 6

Does the alarm dial out with tones or pulses.  It has been mentioned on the forum that alarms that use tones may still function correctly.

If the alarm uses the pulse dialling it won't work unless you invest in a pulse to tone convertor. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings