cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Request upgrade to Digital Voice for FTTP customer

Go to solution

Hello

Im on Fibre 500 for about a year now and all great but the landline is provided by the old copper wiring

Did a webchat with someone a while ago who advise me to text BT on a particular number and if i was eligible for digital voice then i would be sent a digital voice handset

Literally the next day i got 2 essential DV handsets delivered to me but nothing since

Is is possible to request a move to digital voice or just a matter of waiting till BT contact me??

Im on the Kirkburton exchange in Huddersfield if that helps and i would say most houses serviced by that exchange have the ability to get FTTP now

Cheers

Jim

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Request upgrade to Digital Voice for FTTP customer

Go to solution

have you tried phoning the FTTP TEAM and asking about DV  08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Just rang them and got a nice guy in Wigan but he seemed to think i would have to recontract and lose all my discounts?? Currently paying £41.84 for fibre 500 with PAYG calls - best he could offer me was £53.99

Then he told me to ring FTTP Connections on 08081001313 but when i tried them i was put on hold and then cut off??

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@jimrudd75 

Why are you so keen to move over to digital voice, and lose your phone line if there is a power cut?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Rang again the FTTP connections team and its been ordered and goes live next week with no change to my broadband costs

My house has 4 rather tatty looking old BT sockets and want to get rid of them all so thats why i want to change

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

And a small ups for your ont/modem will deal with power cuts.

0 Ratings