cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Scam Calls FRom (not) Amazon

Go to solution

This morning we have received three calls on our home landline purporting to be from Amazon. The last two, (at least - I didn't note the first), both came from the same number: 001 312 6957 7731. We are registered with the Telephone Preference Service and don't generally have a problem with scam calls, though I am aware that TPS has no jurisdiction over calls from abroad.

We don't have any of those fancy new call barring phones, so is there any way to bar calls from this number at BT's end - either by us activating it or BT doing it?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Scam Calls FRom (not) Amazon

Go to solution

BT Call Protect is free of charge and stops most of these annoying calls. You can also add specific numbers which will be permanently blocked.

https://www.bt.com/help/landline/calling-features-and-security/bt-call-protect----how-to-----guide

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Scam Calls FRom (not) Amazon

Go to solution

@simonuk1 

Thanks for that. I've set up BT Call Protect now, though it could take up to 24 hours to activate.

For others wanting to set this up, it can also be done automatically over the phone: dial 150 from the number that you want the service from, then select option 5 and follow the menu - you don't have to wait for ages to speak to someone!