cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 25

Scam Calls from BT (not really)

Go to solution

Just for info.... received a call today ostensibly from BT - telephone number 02083536641 - a recorded message saying there had been unauthorised traffic on my landline and internet...... if I didn't do something my phone would be cut off......  press 1 to speak to an operator......

No thanks I thought, and hung up......  so this is just to say watch out - scammers about.

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25

Re: Scam Calls from BT (not really)

Go to solution

Hi @Osdog thanks for the post,  I'd recommend filling in this report a scam form to help us fight the scammers. 

Cheers

Neil

Message 3 of 25

Go to solution

Thanks for that - got another one about 2 hours later from a different number......

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 25

Go to solution

Since working from home during lockdown. I get at least 3 a day from BT, Amazon, openreach just to name a few of the companies calling me saying my account has been compromised, my router is sending out errors, someone is using my IP address. Blah blah blah.. Some of the numbers used by these scammers are normal working lines. Getting to the point now of having my answering machine on announce just to say this number not in use but to call my mobile 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Message 5 of 25

Go to solution

Hi - I have now been targeted by scam caller apparently from India but with UK mobile numbers claiming to be BT saying I have a lot of different IP addresses logging into my broadband. First time I didn't check number of caller (as you do), but said nothing wrong and all secure - she just hung up. I then reported to number to BT scams. Second call today and same woman (?) told me same thing - when I said no way  - she hung up again - I think different mobile number - but have reported again and a blacklisted.

Didn't get as far as being asked for any details - but please beware of this one - defo a scam

Good luck

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 25

Go to solution

Does anyone know if you can be charged if you press 1 to reply to a scam call

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 25

Go to solution

As far as I can tell, yes you can - at really high rates too.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 25

Go to solution
Thanks for that
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @Compuaccord was it a call you received?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 25

Go to solution

Have not dared to press 1 , just wondered if anyone had pressed 1 and been charged

0 Ratings