cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobFletcher
Expert
Message 1 of 4

Scam calls starting up again - new tactics BEWARE

After 5 weeks of ZERO scam calls my mother has now started to get scams again. I guess the Asian offices are open again for business! 17 calls yesterday alone, and some just after a couple of WITHHELD numbers (again, looking at the pattern, another ruse!)

I feel the need to report that the numbers being scammed are hospital call back numbers on which they will return your call after making a 111 call. All times of day, including 1 am! I have checked the numbers and there is no reason for any hospital in the country to call my mother as she has not called 111 at age 95!

Suspicious when Ipswich hospital call my mum in Somerset! and others are now appearing.

I find this very cynic and will be worrying to many. Luckily the calls were all blocked before the phone rang. Many will not be so lucky and who knows what happens when you press "1" to be connected to a "doctor" or whatever?

Please be aware and report here if it's happened to you.

Rob.

3 REPLIES 3
RobFletcher
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Scam calls starting up again - new tactics BEWARE

Just to add to the above … the area codes used so far were:

0117 - Bristol

01473 - Ipswich

11 calls in 9 minutes is very unlikely from a hospital call back! Getting a call at all is hard. Also, I doubt a legit call at 1 in the morning … not nice if the call had got to my mum's phone.

Rob

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 4

Hi @RobFlectcher, thanks for posting and sharing this with the community, it's very worrying that they're now employing this tactic but we all know these scammers don't have any morals. If anyone gets any type of scam call the best way to report this to our security team is using this link.

0 Ratings
RobFletcher
Expert
Message 4 of 4

Thanks Neil, I did report all scam calls to my mums phone, but as you can see from the screenshot, it's just too much work now.

Just wanted people to be aware of this worrying change of tactic.

BT.JPG

Rob

0 Ratings