Message 1 of 2

Scam

A phone call from 020 8028 0052 twice today. Recorded message indicating a broadband connection issue.  When accepting the call, big delay in answering, then an Indian male voice comes on indicating they are from OpenReach and there will be a breach of internet access in four hours unless we can resolve major errata message issues.  They then ask you to go to your browser and type in join:zoho.com.  BIG RED FLAG.  I of course did not do this as this would imply a remote access to your machine.  They allegedly want to show you the area where the messages are on your computer presumably so they can take remote control and download you private stuff.

DO NOT GO THERE. As far as I am aware, OpenReach do not call unsolicited and neither do BT.  Any request you do not know about asking to allow remote access by whatever means should be avoided if you want to retain your data integrity.  Once you have lost your control, they have your credit card details, name, address, date of birth, contact lists, passwords list, sites visited, banking details etc etc.  BE VERY AFRAID, and VERY CAREFUL.

I hung up after stringing them along for a while.  They are very insistent and say they can prove who they are - no they can's.  They can fool you into believing they are genuine.

HANG UP unless. you can play their game wihtou compromising yourself.  It's amazing how much they already know about you.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Scam

@GrannyGramps 

You may wish to check out Scams: Information about scams currently circulat... - BT Community

Also you can report scam numbers via BT Scam Calls | Report a Scam Call | BT Help

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings