cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Second Line with Vodafone - Primary Line keep with BT

Go to solution

Hi,

To cut a long story short, due to some line instability, I have decided to contract to a second line with Vodafone.

Originally I had considered an additional line from BT but someone pointed out that if I am using it as a failover, its better to have this provided by a different provider as they are unlikely to have outages at the same time unless of course it is a local Openreach outage.

I have this premonition that Vodafone are going to take over my existing BT when it is my intention for a second line. They say thay they have ordered it as a new line required but it's just something the customer service agent said that worried me a little, "We usually take over the existing line and don't think we do second lines!!' 

If Vodafone were going to take over the line will I get any email or notification from BT to say this is happening and give me the opportunity to stop it? I've not switched provider for quite a long while and gone are the days of MAC codes I think!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Second Line with Vodafone - Primary Line keep with BT

Go to solution

if Vodafone attempt to take over your line you should get a letter from BT advising someone want to take over your line and if you disagree then to contact BT immediately to stop it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 3

Re: Second Line with Vodafone - Primary Line keep with BT

Go to solution

Excellent, thanks imjolly, that puts my mind at rest.

I was hoping that I would hear something from BT if this were to happen.

0 Ratings