cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Smart hub 2 - digital voice -old phones

Hi. May seem a daft question but....

Have Smart Hub 2 on the way plus a new free Alexa digital voice phone as I've tweaked my broadband package.

However, from reading various items/forums/comments etc it seems that my ye olde phone can still work if it is plugged directly into SH2 even though line will be switched to Digital voice.

As an alternative an adapter can be used in another socket to get my old phone to work. 

I assume then the new Alexa phone "stands alone" & does not actually need to be plugged into SH2? 

That way I can have both old & new phones working.  Or am I wrong? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Smart hub 2 - digital voice -old phones

TheAlexa DV phone connects to the SH2 via dect like a cordless phone and does not plug into the hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

You can also plug ye olde phone into the Hub so that will work too.
RIC9380
Message 4 of 4

You can also use existing phone socket for your old phones   see here 

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-voice-phones-only-work-near-your-hu...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.