cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeilO
Message 11 of 24

Re: Socket attached to furniture

Go to solution

Thanks @Barney300  for sending in your details, no problem it'll be Monday or after before we get the chance to contact you. 

0 Ratings
Starwire2000
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 24

Go to solution
BT Wholesale do send Qube Communications Engineers for Home Check Visits.

These are Contractors working directly for BT Wholesale and not Openreach.
0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 24

Go to solution
If it was Kelly contractors they don't have a van they ride a horse, also he would be wearing a Stetson on his head.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 14 of 24

Go to solution

@Barney300  Thanks for sending in your details, I've raised a complaint with Openreach regarding the location of the socket and have requested they email you back to make arrangements to relocate it for you.

0 Ratings
Barney300
Contributor
Message 15 of 24

Go to solution

Thanks for that, Neil0. Still having trouble logging in, but I'll try to let you know what happens.

0 Ratings
Barney300
Contributor
Message 16 of 24

Go to solution

Just a quick explanation. The log-in problem seems to be caused by Chromium asking - or not asking - for my "keyring" password. If it asks and I respond, it then "remembers" my password for this forum (which I've forgotten). If it doesn't ask, I'm locked out because Firefox (my version at least) doesn't work properly on BT sites.

At least now I've worked out what's happening.

0 Ratings
Barney300
Contributor
Message 17 of 24

Go to solution

Update. Just got back after a few days away to find a muffled message, apparently from a BT or Openreach engineer on my answering machine. Tried ringing him back on the mobile number he gave, but it's twelve digits, so isn't recognised.

What happens now? I'm disabled and a member of my local blind society, and I have trouble with unfamiliar accents, especially foreign ones, which is why I brought the problem here (to the forum) in the first place.

I still don't understand why the engineer even had to come into my flat (for the original fault) as the problem I was having was at BT's end. Why change the sockets when the problem (internet, but no 'phone) was fixed elsewhere? Why disconnect the original master socket? Why use MY extension wiring for the "new master socket" and WHY screw the socket to a removable item of furniture (my computer desk)?

Why has it taken so long for someone to contact me, and what's the point in giving a fake number to ring him back on?

The way things are going, if I move before this abomination is fixed, I'll just have to remove the wiring I installed and leave BT to fix whatever problems that remain for whoever comes next.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 18 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @Barney300 I'm so sorry about this, it was Openreach trying to get in touch with you to organise a visit to put things right. I specifically requested they email you in my original complaint and reiterated this when they came back to me advising they were having difficulty reaching you. I will get back on to them again today and will relay your comments from here as I agree this is not acceptable.

0 Ratings
Barney300
Contributor
Message 19 of 24

Go to solution

Thanks NeilO. I'll probably stay with BT when I move (don't know yet when that's going to be), but this kind of thing doesn't inspire confidence.

I think I'll ditch fibre when I do move though. I've never had anything like the advertised download speeds (7.2 MiB on ONE occasion, otherwise between a few hundred KiB and never more than 7.1 MiB). No point paying extra for something I'm not getting. It will have to be "ordinary" broadband while that remains an option.

I'm not bringing that up as a separate issue though, just expressing my lack of enthusiasm for fibre. I'll stick with what I've got for now and consider my options once I've got a moving date.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 20 of 24

Go to solution

@Barney300 Openreach advised me that they were going to visit yesterday, can you post back to let me know if you're happy this is now resolved?

0 Ratings