cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Switch calls from Sky to BT

Hi,

I have applied to switch my calls back from Sky to BT

I understand that BT contact Sky but does this process also cancel my existing Sky Talk Anytime Extra package?

Or do I need to contact Sky to cancel?

My activation date is 17th March

Thanks,

Rob

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Switch calls from Sky to BT

are you switching your broadband package including phone from SKY to BT?  if so when you place order with BT that should terminate your broadband as BT will notify SKY they are taking over your phone line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

No, I am just switching the calls (the line rental has always been with BT)

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

So you are retaining your broadband with SKY  and have your line rental and call from BT?  If that is correct then you cannot have digital voice with BT as you need to use the BT SH2 which is not compatible with SKY broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Apologies, but I think my recent two posts are being conflated

This post refers to switching calls from Sky to BT for my mother's line

The other post refers to ordering digital voice for my line which is all BT & FTTC (line rental & calls)

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

@p1nkfl0yd 

That is not possible, as you cannot have a calls package with BT unless you are a BT customer. Line rental no longer exists, as its part of you broadband package. There is no separate line rental, just broadband and a separate calls package.

What is likely to happen, is that all of your services, including broadband, will be taken over by BT, on the date you have been told.

Your existing Sky connection would be using an Openreach connection, not BT Retail, and your Sky broadband cost  would be including the line rental component.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

@p1nkfl0yd 

That is not possible, as you cannot have a calls package with BT unless you are a BT customer. Line rental no longer exists, as its part of you broadband package. There is no separate line rental, just broadband and a separate calls package.

What is likely to happen, is that all of your services, including broadband, will be taken over by BT, on the date you have been told.

Your existing Sky connection would be using an Openreach connection, not BT Retail, and your Sky broadband cost  would be including the line rental component.

I have a feeling the OP has CPS (Carrier pre-select) where you pay one provider for the line rental and other services, then pay another provider for the calls, it's a really old setup but there are still some on legacy plans like this.

Message 8 of 12

@-Richie- 

I suspect that the transfer is not going to work the way that @p1nkfl0yd  expects. I think the whole service will end up with BT, especially if CPS is no longer available.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

lets just say you can't have landlines with bt after the 2025 they stop selling them one sky call package will be canceled along with the phone line with sky you can't use the call package from sky with a bt landline and 2 they stop selling this its all goes on digital voice with bt brandband and you can't use this with sky only there tv boxs can connect to the router

ps if you move the landline to bt you loss the call package they come togather.

i don't think it works like that now were you want the phoneline with you pay them too with the plans even if you do voip which will come effect by 2025 all the copper lines will be none working i think they will only keep the copper lines for over 65 years old for like retirement homes and people in need in copper lines for heath reasons and DV can effect them people
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

@-Richie- 

I suspect that the transfer is not going to work the way that @p1nkfl0yd  expects. I think the whole service will end up with BT, especially if CPS is no longer available.

I'm as confused as you at this point mate 🙂

@p1nkfl0yd  what services do you currently have with BT and Sky ?
What services do you want to have in the end with BT and Sky ?

0 Ratings