cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Teamviewer Scam

Go to solution

Old scam resurfaced. 

I had previously made a complaint to BT about BB speed. Today got a call from an Indian call centre to follow up . It never occurred to me this might be a  coincidence. They started by asking about my speed but when I said it was on a phone they wanted me to run a test on a computer. They ran some command prompt checks to verify me..  I am not IT fluent enough to know  how they could ID my computer.  

They wanted me to install Teamviewer  at which point I got concerned. I asked for ID verification. They said they coudln't give me my own home address for privacy reasons which was a red flag. They couldnt give me my router number or BT account number. They said the call was recorded but when I said that wasnt enough he started to get short tempered. I put the phone down. 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Teamviewer Scam

Go to solution

Hi @shonep 

Welcome to the BT Community and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry that you been victim of this scam attempt.  You absolutely did the right thing by putting the phone down.  Thank you for remaining so vigilant.  There are a lot of scams going about and you can't be too careful these days.

Here is a link with more info on --> Protecting you from scams <-- 

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings