cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Telephone number porting

Good morning, I hope that you all are safe and well. I'd be extremely grateful for some help; my 7 year bt account was accidentally cancelled when I changed my broadband package. The only way I could resolve this was by opening a new account. My services were reactivated on the 18th February 22 an order placed on the 19th February to port my phone number over. Unfortunately, the order didn't go through and bt couldn't explain why. A new order was placed today to port the number over again. I've spent hours on the phone trying to get this matter resolved and am extremely skeptical that the number will be ported over. If anyone could please help with this then I'd be extremely grateful. I just want this matter resolved. Thank you ever so much for your time. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Telephone number porting

@80sYoYoDieter 

Welcome to this user forum.

Who first issued you with the phone number you are wanting to keep number?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi, thank you very much for responding. It was issued by BT around 20 years ago.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

@80sYoYoDieter wrote:

Hi, thank you very much for responding. It was issued by BT around 20 years ago.

Are you still living at the same address as you were when it was issued?

Has your phone service been moved onto BT Digital Voice?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Yes I'm still at the same address. And yes, I've been moved over to Digital Voice. I was told I had no option as all new customers are being issued with Digital Voice. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@80sYoYoDieter wrote:

Yes I'm still at the same address. And yes, I've been moved over to Digital Voice. I was told I had no option as all new customers are being issued with Digital Voice. 

That is probably the reason for the loss of phone number, as it seems to happen to a lot of people.

The forum moderators cannot help with issue, as they do not deal with BT Digital Voice.

You need to call 0800 587 4787  as they deal with Digital Voice, and may be able to help.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Hi Thank you ever so much for your assistance. I'll give them a call now and see if they can help. Thank you again for everything. I really appreciate your your time in helping me resolve this. I'll update you once I've spoken to them.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Just a quick update, rang the number and had no joy. Rang 0800 800 150 and spoke to someone there who managed to place the order to renumber my landline. Was given today's date (2nd March) for the number to port over. I'm pleased to say that the number has switched over! For anyone experiencing the same issues as me, please persevere as that seems to be the only way to get things done. Best wishes to all.