Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeff-Gaines
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Time on Landline

Go to solution

My 'phone (Gigaest SL 400) hasn't reset the time so I did it manually. Does a BT landline carry a time signal?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Zombie
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Time on Landline

Go to solution

I’m not sure about that handset, but the majority of phones I’ve had over the years do set the time themselves though I think you need caller display active. If they haven’t changed at the 1am time they normally change the next time an incoming call rings. 

Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@Jeff-Gaineswrote:

My 'phone (Gigaest SL 400) hasn't reset the time so I did it manually. Does a BT landline carry a time signal?

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Although a bit late now, if you've not received a call since Sunday morning, then that is probably the reason. It's fairly easy to prove by setting the clock wrong, and then ringing your line from a mobile for example. As mentioned, you will need caller display for this to work.

Do you recall what happened last October when the clocks went back? (assuming you had the phone then).

0 Ratings
Jeff-Gaines
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Many thanks Zombie & Andy 🙂

One post has been marked as the solution, don't know how but I now know that the time signal CAN be picked up! Will look for a Gigaset forum to see why it wasn't.

0 Ratings